Membres

HOME

25 mai 2015

"Pioneers and Pilgrims" IMEX 521 / IMEX 516 -Part I

I don't paint a lot but I paint !
I'm working on both sets of IMEX :
 "American Pioneers" (516) and
 "Pilgrims" (521)
I've just finished the women and some children .
Next part will be the animals and then the men...






38 commentaires:

  1. Hola Amigo
    Que buena colección de minis si señor
    un saludo

    RépondreSupprimer
  2. Stunning! Fantastic painted figures. Waiting for the next figures from these sets.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks Bruno !
      the next figures are on the table... animals in a good way and men begun ....

      Supprimer
  3. Lovely! And that many ladies in one post! Go on Pascal! I like them a lot!

    Greetings
    Peter

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks Peter ! it's a nice set and I like to paint civilians or non-fighting figures ! Life is not only a war !

      Supprimer
  4. Hola
    Qué bonitas minis
    un saludo

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Gracias Pilar !
      He visto su trabajo en Google +: hermosa! bravo!

      Supprimer
  5. I like the pioneer figures, Chief. I bet that the cook is stirring up something nice and delicious to eat, for those who have worked hard this day.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks Jay !
      I'm sure she's cooking something special ! I will ask her to keep a few (or more!) for you !

      Supprimer
  6. Those Imex sets are excellent; I wish they made even more civilians.

    Great painting. I like how bright the colors are while still looking realistic.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks !
      I'm quite pleased with the colours ! and daylight pictures are better ! I don't know how the men will look after painting .... (another colours palette)
      yes ! good sets ! like many IMEX sets.... it's a pity that this manufacturer has stopped to produce figures ...

      Supprimer
  7. Very good painting there. Those are really good sets that Imex produce.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks Springingsfeld !
      I'm touched of your nice comment...

      Supprimer
  8. Super boulot Sam...on attend une mise en scène dont tu as le secret!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Merci Phil !
      j'aimerais bien avoir plus de temps pour quelques "fantaisies" de ce genre mais en ce moment c'est un peu compliqué...
      sois patient !

      Supprimer
  9. They look absolutely stunning, lovely job Sam.

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. Encore une excellente peinture. Tu arrives même à transformer le bleu en une teinte chaude !

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Merci Stéphane !
      c'est vrai qu'il y a beaucoup de bleus ici ! l'occasion de travailler un peu plus cette couleur.
      De plus, photos en plein jour (mais pas au soleil) : je crois que ça aide à avoir un meilleur rendu de la réalité.

      Supprimer
  11. I'm sure the animals will be uber cool!

    RépondreSupprimer
  12. Sam

    You have been busy, I see. Great job on your 1/72 miniatures. You always have something fascinating to share. Thank you!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks Jan for your kind words, I'm blushing !

      I've no time to paint at this time so I can't post something new.. maybe in 2 or 3 weeks ?

      Supprimer
  13. Amazing Painting Sam Wise.Your Imex Figures are quite unlike mine. I suppose I could try peeling of indeed chipping off some of the paint on them ,and then try to find the figures underneath that you have painted. Always real good to visit your stuff here. BB

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks Paul !
      We don't have the same skills and maybe tastes too ?
      You do some works I'm unable to do, but it's not a problem ! I always enjoy to see your funny, crazy, marvellous works and I know that I can't do the same but that's why it's such a pleasure to see your buildings and so long !
      I've subscribed by email to your blog, but don't comment a lot (almost never !) , I apologize for that .

      Supprimer
    2. Hi Sam,my blog,BB`s Blog,is a crazy place. My space where i post whatever i wish. Accentric to a T, thats little old me. On Benno`s Figure Forum,i did some crazy hot stuff with some dried Chillie Peppers,check it out it`s totally all from me,and from those spinning marbles inside my ancient head.
      A gifted Hobbit ,has no need to apologize to a little Gnome like me.
      In a most friendly way,and advice.Try not to leave it to long before you post again here on your wonderful little Blog. BB

      Supprimer
  14. These two Imex sets are awesome and under-rated. They can work as Americans for probably 200 years depending on how they are painted. I use many of them as German rural civilians too for WWII wargames.
    Mike Bunkermeister Creek

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. sorry for the delay !
      you're right about the use of those figures : they can cover many periods.. and I'm not sure that they are very different to some people in European Countries of nowadays ..

      Supprimer
  15. Fantastic! I hadn't paid much attention to these sets. Now I want them.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks !
      Good sets, for sure Sean ! like many IMEX sets ... not easy to find them nowadays but not impossible ! a "must have" in all collections !

      Supprimer
  16. Beautiful. They look like figures from a Vermeer.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks Prufrock !
      I'm blushing ...
      (even if I'm sure that Vermeer was a better painter than me !)

      Supprimer
  17. Lovely work, Sam. 1/72nd sets are fabulous.

    RépondreSupprimer
  18. Fiquei muito surpresa com a sua visita lá em Raminhos de Pano. Sorrindo eu agradeço seu doce comentário =)
    I was very surprised by his visit there Sprigs of cloth.
    Smiling I appreciate your sweet comment =)

    RépondreSupprimer
  19. Hey there! These are magnificent :)

    Would you ever be interested in selling any of your figures?

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks !
      I'm not selling my painted figures.
      And I've sold a lot of unpainted ones but I've only some unpainted Valdemar Metal for sale on ebay... (also Mithril and GW LoTR ).
      Sorry
      Sam

      Supprimer