Membres

HOME

23 mai 2012

Woodman! (VALDEMAR)

a small vignette I did for a duel against Gunnar (Susofrick) on Benno's forum
The rule was: "Single Valdemar peaceful figure"
I like Gunnar's work! the light is perfect one the head and the hands!
I'm sure that he will show it soon in his blog Gataskog (link ) !


CLICK ON A PICTURE TO SEE LARGER ONES IN A SLIDESHOW!

19 commentaires:

  1. Another wonderful piece of work; I really love the movement in this piece.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks! a "basic" and old Valdemar's figure, but it works!

      Supprimer
  2. Great work Sam!!!! What's the base made from?

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. Thanks Ray!
    the base is very simple in fact!
    I've made a mix of many things (sand, little pieces of wood, moss, dry parsley, etc... all what I found on the desk after working on a vignette or a dio!) and some pieces of wood!
    All is glued on a dress button (I've a lot that I've found in my parents house!)

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. A great fig and awesome base!

    P. S. Thanks for joining my blog.

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. This was a very well-deseved win! I didn't plan to show my entry because I wasn't very satisfied with him, but you've got me to take another look at the pics and now he is up! :-D This was a very fun duel so huge thanks for your wonderful woodman!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. I've given you a reply at your blog!
      but another "Many Thanks to you" is not too much!

      Supprimer
  6. I´m still amazed with the standard of both entries and it was a good idea. Congrats on the win.
    Cheers
    paul

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. J'aime beaucoup! La position, le décor, tout y est...une fois de plus! Très beau travail.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Merci Phil... je rougis... (ça se voit pas, mais n'empêche!)

      Supprimer
  8. The way you paint better and better. Bravo Sam!

    RépondreSupprimer
  9. Excellent work! The scene depicts wood chopping, chips, and chopped wood beautifully.

    RépondreSupprimer
  10. Really well done! Base is excellent!

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. Great work. love the non combat aspect too.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Hey Rich! you don't recognize the fig????
      it's one you send me some months ago for a swap!!

      Supprimer
  12. I love it. a combatant figure that has been turned into a nice peacful one. great job

    RépondreSupprimer
  13. I didn't give a reply at all of you...
    but many thanks!

    I don't know how you do, and if you come back on the blogs after you let a comment or subscribe by e-mail ...
    so I'm searching a way "comments-on-the-comments" which could be read by the authors....

    If you have ideas (or solutions!!!!)..........

    RépondreSupprimer
  14. Very nice sculpt and a great bit of brushwork by you. What you did with the base is very creative. I'd read that using natural items was a good idea, but I hadn't seen it done. I have herbs and pebbles a plenty and will one day try it.

    RépondreSupprimer
  15. Congrats with the win Pascal! It was a very good entry, and I really liked it. Your brushwork gets better!

    Greetings
    Peter
    http://peterscave.blogspot.com/

    RépondreSupprimer