Membres

HOME

05 décembre 2012

"The HOBBIT" (3) - BARD of Lake-Town - (MITHRIL M235)


BARD of Lake-Town  - BARD de Lac-Ville

Another MITHRIL figure for one of the characters of the book "The Hobbit" !
(I insist: nothing to see with the movie, that I didn't see yet....)
Like always I've felt completely free about the colours!
Une autre figure MITHRIL pour l'un des personnages du livre "The Hobbit"!
(J'insiste: rien à voir avec le film, que je n'ai pas encore vu ....)
Comme toujours, je me suis senti complètement libre sur les couleurs!




<< Their captain was Bard, grim-voiced and grim-faced, whose friends had accused him of prophesying floods and poisoned fish, though they knew his worth and courage. He was a descendant in long line of Girion, Lord of Dale, whose wife and child has escaped down the Running River from the ruin long ago.

Le capitaine en était Bard, à la voix et au visage sévères, que ses amis avaient accusé de prophétiser les inondations et l'empoisonnement des poisons, bien qu'ils connussent sa valeur et son courage. Il descendait en longue ligne de Girion, Seigneur de Dale, dont la femme et l'enfant avaient échappé à la ruine il y avait bien longtemps, par la Rivière Courante.
J.R.R.Tolkien, Bilbo the Hobbit / Bilbo le Hobbit, Chap. 14 >>





























37 commentaires:

  1. Tiens, celui-là je l'ai aussi, peint dans les mêmes tons bleu, ocre jaune et marron, mais moins sombre. Ta version colle plus au personnage du Hobbit d'un soldat assez désespéré.
    Un très joli travail de peinture qui rend hommage aux détails de la sculpture.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Merci!

      je serais curieux de voir le tien!
      c'est vrai que c'est une figurine très expressive.

      Supprimer
  2. Great fig and a great character, love the colors.

    RépondreSupprimer
  3. I'm really enjoying these classic figures. Well done Samwise!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks Anne!
      it's a very good figure and, like I say above (in french), he's very expressive and dynamic.

      Supprimer
  4. lovely colours, Samwise! Can't wait to see my beloved Luke Evans in the role of Bard in later films!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks Dez,.... but don't forget: he's Bard, not Luke Evans who is "just" an actor!
      (and P.J. is NOT Tolkien!)
      (kidding mode)

      Supprimer
  5. You know your colors :) Nice color scheme, subtle shading...

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks Ender!
      I know the colours I like and sometimes I can spend some time to choose each colour!
      (but I've a large variety of browns, ochres,etc...)

      Supprimer
  6. Lovely work, Sam. I like a bow when it has been strung...good job.

    RépondreSupprimer
  7. Wow he is most increadible... Bard was a hero figure that stoll my imagination when I first heard the story read to me by my dad... though by the time I read the story myself I was less overawed and just saw him as a great man.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks Gowan!
      Bard is the perfect hero for young kids ("The Hobbit" was wrote for Tolkien's children!)

      Supprimer
  8. Réponses
    1. Merci Vincent!
      voir ton travail me pousse au bord de mes limites!

      Supprimer
  9. Don't remember if this is the Bard I have. Very great painting and that bowstring ... Love it!

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. thanks Gunnar!
      3 versions exist but one is a 2009 release, so you can have the M132 "Bard of Esgaroth" or this one...
      if you have the M132, it's a good thing: rare!

      Supprimer
  10. Great looking figure and a fine painting!
    Regards
    Bruno

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Merci Bruno!
      I'm sure of one thing: the quality of the figure!

      Supprimer
  11. Great painted figure Pascal! Really good choice of colours!

    Greetings
    Peter
    http://peterscave.blogspot.be/

    RépondreSupprimer
  12. no wonder that his work is so beautiful. Sam is a hobbit (my favorite) disguised as a normal man!

    RépondreSupprimer