Membres

HOME

14 décembre 2012

"THE NATIVITY" (YKREOL)


I'm making a break in my Hobbit Month for this Christmas period because I though that it could be nice to paint a Nativity set.
It's was not easy to find one!
Therefore, I didn't really choose which one I wanted to paint, but the YKREOL was a not too bad compromise.
They are not very good figures: the sculpt is not the better I've ever seen and they are full of mold lines...
I've done a quick painting job.
The stable is as good as possible and I didn't glue the roof that I can remove.

En cette période de Noël, j'ai pensé qu'il pourrait être sympa de peindre un set de la Nativité.
Il n'a pas été facile d'en trouver un!
Je n'ai donc pas vraiment choisi celui que je voulais peindre, mais le YKREOL était un compromis pas trop mauvais.
Ce ne sont pas vraiment de bonnes figurines : la sculpture n'est pas la meilleure que j'aie jamais vue et elles sont pleines de lignes de moulage ...J'ai fait un travail de peinture assez rapide.
L'étable est aussi bonne que possible et je n'ai pas collé le toit que je peux enlever.









Coming soon: some new 'The Hobbit" figures, my preciousssss!
thissss nice Poster is a gift from David Berta
 "Everything is Fair in love and Wargames" 
 

25 commentaires:

  1. I put the pictures onto the viewer function ..when the last one came it made me jump :-D
    Lovely scene and painting. I keep overlooking this set..there are some usefull loonig figs in it.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. thanks Paul!
      I think too that some figures could be good for other uses.
      The last picture? just a nicccce gift from David Berta: I've updated my post with the link of his blog.

      Supprimer
  2. Superbe travail Sam , belle peinture et belles couleurs , l'or dans le coffre très bien fait aussi ;)

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Merci Captain!
      j'ai fait de mon mieux... comme d'habitude!
      l'or? franchement ce n'est pas ce qu'il y a de plus à peindre!

      Supprimer
  3. Très chouette Sam, tout y est, l'ambiance, Lui, les animaux, l'ange, les rois mages, les coffres remplis d'encens, d'ambre, d'or, d'anneaux, de précieux...bon je m'égare, c'est pas le même projet...très belle réussite, et puis ça change!
    Phil.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Merci Phil!
      j'aime bien faire des petits "trucs" pour des évenements particuliers.
      y'en aura d'autres, my precioussssss

      Supprimer
  4. Very nice! I like the elevated stable vignette. Happy holidays, Sam.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks Jay!
      I wanted to add a pig (seriously!) but I'm not sure that it would be a good idea!

      Supprimer
  5. Réponses
    1. "christmasy" is a nice "new" word !
      Ray is not godless, sometimes he's too much wordy !

      Supprimer
  6. You made it look very good Pascal. And you painted the whole set!
    I know all about this set, because I have it myself. Won a painting competition on Benno's with it. Remember? And you're right about the mold lines. They were/are horror!

    Greetings
    Peter
    http://peterscave.blogspot.be/

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks Peter!
      yes, I remember the figure, but not used myself yet... maybe later ?

      Supprimer
  7. I'm with Peter, that looks really good!

    RépondreSupprimer
  8. I like the shepherd blowing the Shofar. Maybe the angel should go on the roof. It's closer to their natural habitat.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. thanks Scott !
      the Angel on the roof ? impossible, because I don't want that he falls and breaks his wings!

      Supprimer
  9. I think your painting job made the figures look very good. A nice scene. I have very fond memories of a plastic nativity vignette my mother had. Broken long ago.

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. thanks Sean !
      we all have remembrances of another time, less or more old.
      I like the symbolism of the Nativity in our crazy times.

      Supprimer
  10. Encore une mise en couleur de très grande qualité. Bravo.

    RépondreSupprimer
  11. Joli travail ! Tu es prêt pour the "holly night" !

    RépondreSupprimer
  12. You've done a good job on these Figures and the scene.
    Regards
    Bruno

    RépondreSupprimer