Membres

HOME

17 mai 2020

W.I.P. NEED HELP for 1/72 LoTR figures

Hi !

I've started a new Fantasy project.
Like I have some Caesar and WoTR figures, I thought that I maybe could do a "Fellowship"... but I've seen that some other figures of those sets could be good for other characters.
For some of them, it's quite easy to know who they are, but sometimes, I've to choose between 2 figures.
I've also done some minor conversions for  a few figures.

In the pictures bellow, they have a number, so you can give your advices, they will be welcomed !
Many thanks !

 1-Aragorn first option
2-Aragorn second option 
3-Legolas


1 and 2 : both options for Aragorn 

4 and 5 : both options for Gimli 
 (The cloak of 5 seems to be a better choice but the beard of the 4 is nice !) 
6- ................................... ?????? (Gondor ?? )

7-Legolas 
8-Faramir as a Ranger ? 

9- Eowin ? ( conversion of a Caesar Adventurer figure )
10- Faramir's Ranger ? 


 4 figures from the WoTR Boardgame ( I've separated Frodo and Sam)- 
No choice for those ones, I don't have any other option !

11-Frodo
12-Sam
14-Pippin (Minas Tirith Guard)
15-Merry (Rohan "Warrior" )


16-Boromir  (I've added a horn ... )

17-Gandalf the White ? 
18-Gandalf the Grey ? 


19- Mounted Nazgul (Valdemar Miniatures : VA119 - Lone Rider) ? 


20-Arwen ? (I've had paper on her left leg because it was too much nude !)
21-Galadriel ?
22-Elrond ? Conversion from a STRELETS Roman Senate with a Caesar Elf head and a paper cloak on back : look those pictures for details : 





I've two other figures that I've painted before ( "Figures of the Dark Side"

Saruman

Galadriel with the Mirror




That's all folks ! Many thanks for your advices and help !! 

And take of you and be well ...


7 commentaires:

  1. I can't help with your conundrum Sam, you seem to have 'nailed' most of them yourself anyway! But, this may give you some ideas for filling the ranks/army building...

    http://www.hat72.com/Othr2/Vaughan1.html

    Stay safe
    H

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks Hugh !
      of course, it's interesting to see other converted figures but I've enough figures to paint !
      I've started with the project to paint only the Fellowship but while I was checking the figures, I found other ideas ... That's enough for yet, I'm not a speedy painter !
      Stay safe.

      Supprimer
  2. You seem to have pretty much everyone you need and a few doubles. I wondered if number 6 would make a good Boromir?

    RépondreSupprimer
    Réponses
    1. Thanks Michael !
      I wonder also for number 6, maybe good for Boromir.
      I will paint it and we'll see what I can do with it.(unfortunately, I didn't have horn to add, I've used all my figures with horns for another project !)

      Supprimer
  3. You seem to be doing fine. I´ll do a bit of thinking and get back to you.

    RépondreSupprimer
  4. Hi Paul !
    Many thanks for your help !
    I think I will post some of them on Benno's.
    Stay safe !

    RépondreSupprimer
  5. I think this is one of the most significant information for me.
    And i’m glad reading your article.
    wordpress
    blogspot
    youtube
    ស្លតកាស៊ីណូអនឡាញ

    RépondreSupprimer